Sunday, June 6, 2010

A London Tale

A few summers ago, I had the privilege of traveling to Europe for the first time in my life, London to be exact. It was a wonderful trip, filled with fun, learning, and a little bit of binge eating. But one experience stands above all others in my mind. One afternoon, while waiting for a double-decker bus to arrive (I mean, c'mon, you have to ride a double-decker bus in LONDON), a mysterious whining sound pierced the air. Unfazed at first, I soon began to realize that the sound was getting louder and louder. Then, out of nowhere, a man ran right in front of us into the street, only to be intercepted by some constables! Imagine, an arrest happening right before my very eyes! Whether or not it was a dangerous situation or an unusual way to pass the time, I never got to stay long soon thereafter, as my bus arrived right as the arrest was commencing. Weary and slightly confused, my family and I boarded the vehicle, took our seats on the second floor of the red behemoth, and went along our merry way.

Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment