Friday, May 21, 2010

Inaugural Post

Hello world! If you are reading this message, you are probably going to Europe in June as a member of Wayzata High School, to which I say CONGRATULATIONS!!! We all might have different reasons for going; for some it might be the chance to see new sights, for others the opportunity to increase writing skills; and we all might have different expectations. Here are some of what I hope and look forward to in Europe:

1. Seeing all the sights and places.

Europe is filled with lots of culture and excitement, and there is definitely much to see and do. I've been to Europe once in my life, so I definitely wish to get some new exposure.

2. Learning how to write better.

I wish I could say that this Europe trip has no strings attached, but if it was, I wouldn't be writing this blog now would I? Regardless, when it comes to expressing myself, I love to write, about all kinds of things, and I'm sure I'll have a lot to write about on this trip.

3. Getting a nice souvenir.

Now this may seem really simplistic, but it would be nice to find something really cool in Europe to bring back to the States.

4. Making new friends.

During the past few group meetings I've noticed that I been meeting a lot of people for the first time. I hope that all of us (including whoever is reading this blog) can become just a little bit closer by the time the trip is over.

5. Having fun!

For goodness sake it almost summer, and I would much rather go to Europe than sit at my house all day!

Obviously there is a lot to look forward to, and I hope that this trip will be more than what we all expect. Until then, feel free to see what

the King

is writing.

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your writing under these circumstances. I expect it to be different from class work in that you will be able to focus on capturing your experiences in your own words. No more arguments to form and support. Good luck with the souvenir hunting, I have a video on my blog about Camden Market. I'm told we can find cool souvenir there but I've never been. I do know of a few places in Paris for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yahh, im excited to go on the trip with you. We can go souvenir hunting together hehe : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. count me in on this souvenir excursion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Mohamad,
    I enjoyed reading about London on your blog, it sounds so different from when we were there together!!!
    Well we hope the trip gets better as you go on, but don't forget my cheese !!!
    Azza.

    ReplyDelete